Click here to search for more exchange listings
||click to view
||* available to members *
Long Term (more than 3 weeks)
|| Our home comprises three bedrooms, two bathrooms, study, lounge/dinning, family room, kitchen,internet, laundry, double garage, outdoor undercover entertaining area with a heated spa with views across the canal. The canal is tidal and used by swimmers, kayaks, canoes and smaller boats. Our home is air conditioned, but rarely need it, we get the sea breezes most days. The beach is only 1km away as the crow flies. Please refer to www.homeforexchange.com id #2510 for photos.
We are close to all main tourist attractions on the Sunshine Coast, like Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo, Glass House Mountains, Frazier Island, Ginger Factory, and the beautiful hinterland of Montville/Maleny, Mooloolaba, State Forest Parks, Noosa and many pristine beached. We have many golf courses, and you can have the use of two push bikes .The Gold Coast is only 2 hours away and Brisbane is about an hour. Our weather is beautiful all year round and perfect between the months of March and November. We may exchange our car, a diesel Pajero 2004 subject to Insurance approval. The Sunshine coast is for people who love the outdoor activities.
We are a retired couple in our 60's (Linda & Don); we tell people we are professional volunteers, spending many hours with the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard, active members of Neighborhood Watch in our area and you would also find us at the Caloundra Information Center helping out visitor to the area. In our spare time we like to visit Australian National Parks and do as many walks as possible. My husband is a retired company manager and I am a retired computer operator/bookkeeper. We know all of our neighbors and we look after one another's place when required. If you needed any assistance with anything they would be only too happy to help. We have three senior cats that will need feeding twice a day. They sleep 20 hours out of 24 and live mainly in the garage they come and go thru a cat door. We have a neighbor who, if available, will look after them if you wish to go away for a couple of days. We would love to spoil your pets. Our gardens and lawns are all on an automatic watering system.
We have done 3 exchanges, Calgary in Canada, Dorset in England, our own state capital Canberra.Completed a six weeks house sitting at Carcassonne in France. We are open to any suggestion but have visited New Zealand and Tasmania many times. We would like to revisit England perhaps in a different location from Dorset, any where in Europe, Spain. and the east coast of USA especially Washington D.C.. We would also like to visit Adelaide in South Australa. We will answer all emails and have excellent references. More photos available.
Some of the things to see and do on the Sunshine Coast
1. Underwater World-
2. Cruise Mooloolaba with Cruiz Away River Tours- 1 & 2 hours Tours.
3. Australia Zoo -Allow all day
4. Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology-
5. Landsborough Museum tells of the history of the Sunshine coast and the hinterland
6. Maleny Dairies tours and products
7. Cruise Maroochy Eco Tours choice of several cruises.
8. Fraser Island- Day tour to a couple of days
9. Caboolture Historical Village - over 70 buildings of historical significance.
10 .Day tours by coach from $44.00 per person various tours.
11 .Eumundi Markets- 300 stalls
12. Queensland Air Museum
13. The Australian Nougat Company
14 SuperBee- Live Bee Demonstration, Free honey tasting, Free entry
15. Everglades Noosa River Tour
16. Mooloolaba Harbour River Canal cruise
17. Pioneer Cottage Historic House & Museum
18. Aussie World
19. Ginger Factory
20. Montville-Maleny Township
21. Sunset Cruise on the Noosa Ferry
22. Billâ€™s Boat Hire explore Bribie Island National Park & Pumiscestone Passage
23. The Valley Rattler Steam train from Gympie to Imbil
24. The Big Pineapple
25. Ettamogah Pub
26. Macadamia Nut Factory
27. Opals Down Under
28. Noosa National Park- Koala sightings
29. Several wineries in the hinterland
30. Kenilworth Cheese Factory
31. Ferryman Cruises Pumiscestone Marine & National Parks
32. Alma Park Zoo
33. Rainbow beach
34. Tjuringa Emu Farm
35. Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve
36. Big Kart Track
37. Tree Frog Gallery
38. Whale watching
39. Glass House Mountains Lookout and walks, picnic areas
40 Kings Park salt water pool
41. Lake Baroon/Baroon Pocket Dam
42. State Forest walks and drives
43. Kondilla National Park
44. Kenilworth State Forest & Connondale National Park
45. Mapleton Falls National Park
46. Wild Horse Mountain
47. Gardners Falls
48. Charlie Moreland Reserve
49. Jimna State Forest Park
50. Mooloolah River National Park
51. Amamoor Creek State Forest Park.
52. Baroon Pocket Dam
53. Tinbeerwah Lookout
54. Buderim Forest Park
55. Several walks at the Ewen Maddock Dam
56. Several beaches Ocean and protected waters
57. Lake Macdonald
58. Several public golf courses